Sunday, March 3, 2013

Rocki's Raw Vegan Lasagna

Raw Vegan Lasagna
 
I made this yummylicious raw vegan lasagna the other night entirely from scratch and it was SO good we almost licked the dish clean!  I should have written down the recipe as I went, but most of the time I just roll with wherever my mind takes me. Which can be interesting at times.
 

Beautiful raw vegan lasagna layers
 
I didn't layer it like a traditional lasagna as I wanted different ingredients for each layer, except for my delicious homemade sauce and zucchini "noodles".  I created the zucchini noodles with my mandolin - love that thing! 

Fresh spinach, baby portobellos, olives, garlic... just look all the beautiful colors in this dish!  That is one thing that I just love about the way we eat... not only is it tasty and good for you, but is pleasing to your eyes too.

Simple "cheesy" topping
 
The "cheesy" topping is a mix of pine nuts, garlic and nutritional yeast.  It has a Parmesan flavor to it.

I need to write this down now while it is still fresh in my mind. 

Peace,
Rocki

No comments: