Monday, September 24, 2012

Breast Cancer Awareness Tattoo - Warrior Badge

Pink Ribbon Tattoo - 9/23/12
I have lots to update about which I’ll do tomorrow, but for now I’m just too excited to wait to share my newest tattoo!  It is for Breast Cancer Awareness.  I wear this pink ribbon for myself and for the support of all the other women who have, who are, and who will have to “fight like a girl” to survive.  Mark and I call it my Warrior Badge.  He's getting the same one next week, but not in the same place (yes there will be pictures). My hubby rocks!

Breast Cancer Awareness Tattoo

Connie has done several of our tattoo’s over the past 10 years, so of course she was the one who I wanted to do this piece.  I wanted the ribbon to be a little different, so Connie drew it up in a flash and I loved it!  I'll take another pic after it's healed, but I think it looks pretty darn good right now!
 
If you’re in the market for a tattoo, I highly recommend Connie.  She’s a busy gal and mostly goes by appointments, but stop in or give her a call - you won’t be disappointed.  You can find her at High Altitude Ink 3 - her own all female tattoo & piercing shop.


This was a FUN weekend and, I must say, long overdue.  As was the need for a haircut n color.  So here I am, brand new tattoo, fresh hair, Starbucks within reach, breast-free, and although I'm still puffy on the sides with other stuff from surgery, I’m smiling ear to ear because I’m happy simply being me. 
 
Peace, Rocki

4 comments:

Peggy@ColorMoiMandalas said...

Great tattoo Rocki! All my best from a Facebook follower friend!
Peggy

mairedodd said...

you are the living embodiment of acceptance and grace... may we all strive to be like you...
your tattoo is gorgeous and so meaningful -
you are always in my thoughts, rocki...
hair and everything look great - but the smile speaks the loudest...
oh - have you ever heard 'live like a warrior' by matisyahu? one of my favorite songs...

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

You look great! Words like strength, inspiration, power, love...resonate from this post. I'm so proud to know you.
xx, Carol

Rocki Adams said...

Thank you so much ladies, I appreciate you with all my heart!

Maire, no I haven't heard that one but will definitely look for it - thank you!

♥Rocki