I was going to have a cute little picture, but for some reason my PSP decided to freeze up on me. No, this is not a sign of how today is going to go (repeats to self).
The end of last week I was tagged by my very sweet & dear friend, Sharon (Mana Moon) who shared her heart with us so openly and lovingly that it only strengthened our friendship - makes me proud to call her my friend.
Anyway, I'm supposed to share six secrets about myself and then "tag" five others. Although I do have some deep rooted secrets, I cannot bear to see them in print, so I will share some others with you. No, I'm not an ax murderer, drunk, druggie, ex-con, or anything of that nature. They are just some old secrets that basically shaped my life and made me the strong person I am today. Hence my name: Rocki (insert theme music here)
So without further ado, here are my 'secrets' although some are not so secret, but rather things you may not know about me:
1. I do not like 'chick flics' or mother/daughter flics - they are just too sappy for me . I will, however, watch some 'chic flics' as long as they are not TOO sappy. Without explaining in detail, I didn't have the 'normal' mother/daughter relationship and watching these kinds of movies are painful.
2. I had an invisible friend when I was a child. His name was "Way-Way" - yeah I know, don't ask me why I named him this, don't have a clue! My parents told me that I blamed Way-Way for coloring all over my bedroom walls, tearing down my curtains (which BTW he DID!), I wouldn't eat unless a place setting was set for Way-Way... you get the idea. He is my, er I mean WAS, my best friend. (don't worry Way-Way, I won't let them find you!)
3. I'm afraid of the dark, but love to watch thrillers. Not the blood & gut killing type, just real good suspense movies that make you sit on the edge of your seat.
4. I'm still afraid of the boogieman (hmm, maybe that has to do with the above). If I have to get up during the night, I practically take a running leap back into bed for fear of someone grabbing me from under the bed - even though I know NObody is under there. Hmm. My boys used to jump out of closets to scare me, grab my legs from under the bed (my sister too!) and things of this nature. I wonder...
5. When I was younger I wished I were black. Yep, black. I was SO embarrassed to be a white person back then because of how racist so many people were that it angered me even as a child and I didn't want to be white. It's unfortunate that this type of ignorance still exists in many ways today: skin color, religion, being gay, lesbian, etc. I just don't get it and I wish with all my heart that one day people will just get past all this racist crap.
6. I am and always will be a forever young flower child. Okay, so this one is not so much a secret. I do not mind my age, I'll be 48 (on paper) in December, but 20 something in my heart. My body just doesn't know it sometimes. I'll be wearing little sun dresses, blue jeans & tank tops well into my 80's, if I live that long.
It's hard to pick 5 people, but since I have to - OH! Don't worry, you don't have to do this if you don't want to:
Scribbles of an Ancient Soul - my new blog buddy :)
Heart of a Cowgirl - very talented gal!
Rainbows & Sunshine - LOVE this blog & gal!
What I Made Today - inspiration blog - a must read!
In The Shadows - very cool gal & awesome blog!
So there we have it. Some of my little secrets out in the open. Oh and Laura, bet you NEVER thought I would let Way-Way out of the bag... ooooh, wait! One more... Laura's nick-name is P... P... okay, I won't say it, but I sure WANT to!
Happy Monday everyone!