Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Challenge Results

Okay, so here's a quickie post of my 3 Day Mobile Social Media Disconnect Challenge because I need to hit the studio.

I honestly thought that it was going to be tougher than it was, but you know what?  It wasn't.  In fact, it was extremely liberating!  In the past 3 days, and this morning, I never once looked, peaked or used any of my Social Media apps on my phone.  I only used it for calls and texts.  

Yesterday I had an appointment in the afternoon that required me to wait in a lobby - typical longer than usual wait.  While I watched others glued to their smartphones, I sat their enjoying the complete emptiness of my hands - and my mind.  Very peaceful.

Time for studio.

2 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Cool!! I recently went to the doctor's office and every single person in the waiting room was using their phone for something besides a call.

I don't have a Smart phone and have been weening myself from FB and turned that time into sewing machine time. Much more productive. Though, if I had a business, I'd probably stay tuned to FB from necessity.

Rocki Adams said...

A little late here, sorry about that!

I have my FB spurts...on it several times off and on during the day and then I go in my don't really care for it mode. It's a toss up for me sometimes.