I can honestly say that I am truly happy with my life, but of course there is always more room for happiness.
What is it that makes me so happy? Well, not to sound like a cliche', but it's not money. Money truly does not buy me happiness. In fact, sometimes the more you have them more problems it can create.
For instance, I had an acquaintance recently ask me why don't I hire someone to help in the studio so I could take on more work and make more money. Um... more work? No. I value my personal time and already work very long hours. More money? No. Uncle Sam gets enough of it already. Besides that is not why I'm working, I work because I thoroughly enjoy it - plus I'm not materialistic.
So what does make me happy? Here is where I find my happiness:
- being healthy. I've come a long way over the past few years and am thrilled to be where I'm at today!
- my boys. I love them dearly and watching them grow up and become the respected men they are today makes me proud to be there mom.
- my hubby. Mark is the love of my life, best friend, soul mate, rock and my life after life partner. I'd be lost without him.
- Buddha. I enjoy this path that I'm on and am inspired in every way and every day.
- my family. As dysfunctional as we may be, we have fun times when we get together.
- my 'kids'. Yogi, Maelyn & Sasha - my little fur babies who make me smile, laugh and love to cuddle up with.
- the sun. Feeling the sun on my face and the warmth on my skin puts a huge smile on my face.
- water. I'm an earth and water gal and need to be near water. I also drink several gallons a day
- okay, maybe not "several", but close.
- sitting on the beach, walking the beach, in a boat, on a boat, in the water, on the water... well, you get the idea.
- sight seeing. I enjoy visiting new places, taking pictures and just enjoy nature as it is.
- dark chocolate. I must have at least one tiny square a day - keeps the doctors away :)
- dreaming. Dreaming of possibly moving to Florida where my brother lives. Not that the "grass is greener..." but this is something we're pondering.
This is just a small list of what makes me happy. What makes you happy?