Monday, February 10, 2014

Goji Berry Green Smoothie - Raw Vegan Recipe

Raw Vegan Smoothie

I've been having so much fun creating a variety of smoothies lately.  Many of them are ones I've been making for a long time, but never thought to layer them or be so creative!

This one is my antioxidant rich Goji Grape Green Smoothie, garnished with coconut shreds, blueberries and pomegranate.  The Goji Berry (also known as the Wolfberry), are delightfully tasty little berries known in Asia for over 2,000 years as one of the most nutrient rich foods on earth. This superfood is packed with protein, antioxidants and over 20 vitamins and minerals.  You can add them to smoothies, oatmeal, salads, brownies, a variety of recipes... the options are endless!  They make a quickie out of the bag snack too. 

Let's get to my recipe.  Oh and just to note that I use a Vitamix so the texture may be different if you are using a standard blender.  But no worries, it will be delicious just the same!

Goji Berry Green Smoothie

Purple layer: 
1 handful of grapes (about 1 cup)
1 large frozen banana
1/2 cup blueberries
1 heaping Tbs goji berries
1/2 cup coconut water (adjust as needed)

Blend, pour into large measuring cup and set aside in fridge while you make the green layer.

Green layer

1 large handful kale
1 large handful spinach
1 large frozen banana
1 Tbs flax meal (or seed, I grind my own)
2 Tbs protein powder (I use Sunwarrior's Warrior Blend Raw Vegan Protein)
1 tsp Matcha green tea powder
Coconut water - enough to blend.

Layer as you wish and top with garnish or not.  Or, pour both mixtures into a large glass (or 2 small) and swirl together or blend all of the ingredients together and enjoy!  I've done all 3 and it is delicious either way.

Peace,
Rocki

No comments: