Tuesday, August 6, 2013

A brief moment with Dino


A few weeks ago while sitting on the couch with my laptop (hence the worn out wrist supports) something caught my eye. As in something moving across the kitchen floor.  I could barely see what it was so I got up to check it out.

Awe!  It was an adorable baby lizard!  No, I'm not afraid of little critters.  I used to have snakes, mice, rats, geckos...  Anyway, I got on the kitchen floor and played with him for a bit.  He was a friendly little lizard.     


Well it wasn't too long before all three kids (4-legged kind) realized that I had a new little friend and they wanted in on the action.  As much as I would have loved to keep Dino in the house (well gosh, I had to name him!), I didn't want the kids to get a hold of him.  So after enjoying Dino's company for a bit longer, I picked him up and outside we went.


I gave Dino a tour of the entire backyard so he could decide where his new home would be.  He must have enjoyed the ride because he honestly stayed on my hand the whole time - so cute!


I finally came to grips that we had to part ways and tried to put Dino on the ground, under the yellow bell bush.  He really made this difficult for me because he did not want to leave my hand.  I even put my hand flat on the ground, but he just crawled around my hand and would not get off.  It was as if he was saying "this is nice Rocki, but you can take me back inside now", or some kind of cute lizard comment.

Believe it or not I seriously contemplated on bringing Dino back inside.  But I knew that he would not survive indoors for long and I definitely would not keep him confined.  He had a much better chance outside with all the other little (sniff sniff) lizard friends.

We hung out for a little while longer, enjoying the moment and sharing conversation.  Okay, so it was a one sided conversation, but I'm sure he understood me.  I knew it was time, so once again I put my hand flat down on the ground, blew him a kiss, gave him a little nudge and off he went.

Friendships come in all forms.  Dino was no exception.

Peace,
Rocki

2 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

my oldest grandson came back home to live with us. He immediately remodeled two bedrooms into one...a huge 12 x 26 room. Then built the biggest desert you ever saw and enter....Titus the Bearded Dragon. I am not big on having caged..anything. But I have to tell you that lizard has more personality than you can believe. He is a loveable lizard.
xx, Carol

Rocki Adams said...

That sounds SO cool! I've had my share of caged animals, but that sounds awesome :)

♥Rocki