Monday, April 22, 2013

Rock Garden Flowers and Buddha

Buddha

We have a variety of Buddha statues in and around our home.  No, they are not art collections or expensive pieces.  Buddhism is our way of life.  Having Buddha throughout our home brings us peace and sends compassionate blessings to all that see him. 

You can find simple yet beautiful Buddha's in our home made of wood, stone, paper, ceramic, cloth, etc.  We don't need fancy or expensive - anything.  However, my son Jason did buy me a very nice Buddha several years ago that is gold plated with mantras inside.  It has very special meaning to me.

Whenever I see a Buddha for sale I always check it out.  That is how I came across our newest Buddha, who looks like he was made for our pool fountain!

Buddha on our rock fountain


Buddha now blesses us while we swim, as well as all the birds and creatures that visit our back yard.  Oh and our back yard looks quite barren right now.  Believe it or not, Arizona does get cold during our "winter" months.  Like this past one where we hit several days in a row of freezing temps - as in the mid to upper 20's and low 30's, which toasted just about all of our plants.  We look forward to when they start to regrow so we have a variety of color again back there.



Cactus lily flower blossoms!

This is my little rock garden wok out front.  I planted the cactus last year and only had a couple blossoms then.  About the past week or so I noticed all the little buds on it.  Every day I waited for them to grow and pop open.  And they did just the other day - so beautiful!


Beautiful cactus blossoms
Simple things make me smile. 

Whether it is a blooming cactus displaying gorgeous flowers, or Buddha sitting on our rock fountain.

Hope you have a buddhaful day!
Peace,
Rocki

2 comments:

Thunder Rose said...

Hi Rocki. I just joined your blog. I was drawn in from bloglovin by the statue of the Buddha. Your garden of flowers and Buddha statues are very beautiful. I really love the Dalai Lama and the teaching I have read from many Buddist teachers. Your blog is very beautiful. Have a beautiful creative day. Debbie

Rocki Adams said...

Thanks Debbie, I sincerely appreciate your kind comment :) The Dalai Lama and his teachings are very inspiring. I also read other Buddhist teachings. A couple of my favorites are Pema Chodron and Lama Surya Das - LOVE them :)

Peace to you,
Rocki