Friday, December 28, 2012

Ramblings & Possible New Name Or New Blog


Happy Friday everyone!  Just a bit of ramblings today. 

I changed my profile avatar from the above pic, which was taken this past Sunday, 23rd.  The other one was from about 2 or 3 years ago, so figured it was time for an updated picture.

My dad and Yolanda, his girlfriend, came over that day and we had a fun and enjoyable visit.  I made some of my raw food treats and healthy snacks for them to try and they loved it all.  Yolanda especially loved my zucchini "cheeze" roll-ups... she ate the very last one with a big grin on her face!  I sent them home with what was left: persimmon pie, "fudge" and "not meat" balls - all raw of course. 

Mark and I exchanged a few simple gifts this year and mine were centered around the kitchen - which I wanted and he did an AWEsome job!  His were movies and a PC game that he wanted, so he was happy too.  We sent all the kids a little green stuff, which made this year's shopping painless and very easy.

We received gift cards to PF Changs & Starbucks from the kids, yum!  Oh and the gift that brought tears to my eyes was from my daughter-in-law... a set of writing pens.  I know... pens made me teary?  They are Breast Cancer Awareness pens, but I it was her sweet note that got me the most.

Christmas day Mark & I went to the movies to see The Hobbit.  One word: awesome!  If you're into The Lord of the Rings, then you'll LOVE it.  Can hardly wait for the next flic!  Oh and it was a long one... just about 3 hours.  I took snacks, a green smoothie and bottle water with us, but Mark splurged on popcorn and his $1 drink with his Harkins cup.

After the movies we popped on over to my brother's house for a fun little visit and gave our little nephews their gifts.  Kids are so fun to watch at this time of the year :)

One other rambling before I go.  I'm thinking of starting another blog for my raw food.  I cannot express enough how wonderful I feel inside and out since going raw - plus after almost 52 years the end of this month, I finally found my passion!  I've thought about changing the url name of this blog for a long time now since it doesn't even fit anymore, but I think that might mess up all the other posts or links.  I don't know enough about that part, do you?  I already have a second blog for my handmade jewelry & findings, so guess a third one won't hurt. Still playing around with that idea.

Well, guess that's enough ramblings for today.  Hope everyone had a beautiful Holiday or Christmas or just hanging out doing nothing day.

Peace,
Rocki

p.s. I'm lovin' the type of tops I'm finding that have a little gathering to them, sort of hides what I don't have.  NOT that it bothers me one little bit.  I just like them because they are cute and doesn’t appear to freak people out as much.

2 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

So glad you had a nice Christmas and guests!!

I think you look great.

I can hardly get Terry to go to the theater. He is the maintenance manager at a local apartment complex. His exterminator tells him that they have had to exterminate several of our theaters for BEDBUGS! I think its his excuse, but maybe I'll wait for the DVD.

Happy New year...AND..Happy Birthday. This is the best one EVER.
xx, Carol

Rocki Adams said...

Thanks Carol! It is a great movie, you'll enjoy it :)

Haven't heard of bedbugs in theatres and hope that's not true. We mainly wait for the dvd, but some movies we splurge to watch on the big screen.

Happy New Year!
♥Rocki