Friday, August 14, 2009

Larry Winget


The title alone immediately grabs your attention, doesn't' it? "A Kick-Butt Approach to a Better Life"... what better way to put it than that. Oh and then the picture of Larry Winget, The Pitbull of Personal Development® - okay, I just have to say it - LOVE it!

This book truly grabbed our attention. Mark & I were out shopping the other day and bought it right after reading the inside & outside cover. We were not looking for a book, we were simply browsing. Okay, scratch that. I was browsing while Mark was looking for computer stuff.

We love to read and wish we could read more, but right now the weekends are about the only time we have for it (hmm, maybe after reading this book we WILL read more). Our weekend reading is quite enjoyable. While having our morning coffee, we sit on the couch with our 4-legged kids and I read out loud. We're currently reading another book by Pema Chodron, but our favorite author is Lama Surya Das.

Anyway, on our way to Cali I'll be reading this book, out loud of course since Mark will be doing the driving. Speaking of Cali... I can hardly wait to hit the beach... if I can put the book down that is!

Want to know more about this book and others? More about Larry Winget? Check out his website , plus he also has a Facebook and Twitter. Oh and he lives here in the Valley of the Sun - how cool is that!

Okay, time to make the donuts. Lots to do before leaving for Cali. I'll update you on thoughts about this book, as well as how our vacation is going. I'm not sure if I'm excited more about relaxing on the beach, the whale watching cruise or Knotts... or maybe it's the book?

Peace to you all,
Rocki

4 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

OK, I never heard of this Larry guy. And what the heck is a pit bull personality. Now I see pits on TV and on the news and they are mean. However, my own experience with pits is not bad. The only ones I know are quite docile, loving and cute AND well behaved.

So I am going to check out this Larry guy and see what he is all about.

Have a great time in Cali. Oh, BTW, if Deb (the other Deb) sees something I want, go ahead and send me an invoice. I love surprises.

Alexis said...

Looks like an interesting read! It's cute that you & your husband read to each other! :)

I always find great books while just browsing the bookstore.. Like "Weird California" (I love that book) and "Weird Facts, Bizarre Stories and Life's Oddities" (also a good one!)

Have a great time on your trip to CA! I do love it here :)

artangel said...

Now that man looks scary! Though I admit I do quite like the sentiment lol! Have a lovely trip Rocki and I'd love to know what you make of the book! x

mairedodd said...

grabbed my attention for sure! i always do best absorbing a message from different people, slightly different slants... love it... have a great trip!