Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Love my hands


This is an update from my previous post as I've not only received several replies via Blogger, but also through email and phone calls. You don't know how much your kindness means to me!

I'll cut to the chase. Due to the increase of pain in my hands, wrists and forearms, the amount of work I still need to finish up, plus additional sales, I had to put my shop in Vacation Mode for 2 weeks. This was truly a tough decision, but a necessary one. If I didn't do this, my timeframe would be so far out there it's crazy to think about. Plus the obvious reason - my health must come first in order to do what I love.

Even though the doc feels it is Carpal Tunnel (I'm thinking it's not), we'll find out for sure this coming Thursday as that is when the test is scheduled. This is one test I would love to fail (I'm not even going to study ;). Obviously CT is not the end of the world, but I would rather it be something else, say like plain old overuse. Either way I know I need to change the way I do things, which is no big deal. Been there, done that. I've come too far to let another medical problem mess with me - hence my name. Just typing this up is killing me.

With much love, appreciation and heartwarming thanks,
Rocki

10 comments:

Mazzy Blue Studios said...

I totally hope it's not CT, but I know no matter what you will adapt and move forward even stronger:) After all you ARE "Rocki"...wink wink;)

SueBeads said...

Good decision, dear, and good luck!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Hi Deb. This was the best decision. We are all sending powerful thoughts and energy that your wrists just need a rest. Practice EFT, its amazing isn't it. I have faith that all will go well for you.

XX,
Carol

GoodDirtJewelry said...

Here's some more positive vibes coming your way from Oregon! I hope you feel better soon :)

Moonchild Dancing! said...

Sending thoughts of Love and Healing to you Rocki. I trust that things will work out just as it's supposed to.

Peace, Hugs and Love babe!
Tammy

Rocki Adams said...

Thanks everyone, I appreciate the well wishes and good vibes, you all rock! Oh and yes Carol, I'm doing EFT, but guess I need to do more!

Peace n luv,
Rocki

thatsoaplady said...

Get those hands well rested :0)
Maybe it is over use? Maybe arthritis? hugs

dochoamom said...

Girl, You made the right decision. We can do some more when you are ready. Just give me a call... I got sick over the weekend with a pretty bad cold (not swine flu!) and am just now back to work. Trying to catch up on work etc.. I meant to call you and see how you were doing but did not have the energy LOL keep tappin...

Love, Deb

imoyik said...

I hope everything goes alright at the doctor! Take care!

Moondoonie said...

Rocki, I know it was a hard decision but I think you made the right decision to put your shop in vacation mode. You are so good at what you do and I want you to keep doing it. Take care of you first. That's my two cents! Feel better soon so you can get back to what inspires you.