This weekend was so full of happiness that I have a permanent smile on my face. When looking for a picture to post, I found the above which we should all truly take to heart.
So what was so special? I'll just list the main ones, otherwise this blog will turn into my first full length novel (and my friends know how I can ramble on):
1. Went to Danny's Pet Scan results doc appt. - miracles do happen! His lung cancer shrunk 90%!!! Even the doc was amazed. Danny is going to continue with chemo, but the doc changed the dosage due to the severe reactions it caused. Our 7 hour days will now be 3 hours due to the change. Yes, we were told that we still have to fight, he's not cured & there is no cure, and that his life span is short, but we're not going by that - we're just going to continue on with each day as it comes. Nobody can predict the future. We had a very nice celebration dinner right after we left the docs office. I'm still full!
2. Jeremy, my oldest son, called to confirm his plans for his trip in 2 weeks! I can hardly wait as it feels like it's been forever since I've seen him and it was *only* last year. Way too long for me! He arrives on the 14th and is here until the end of the month :) Yes, there will be a blog about his visit :)
3. Mark bought me a laptop - my first ever! I didn't think I would really need one as I have my own PC in our office, but wow... this is cool (I'm typing on it right now while sitting on the couch having my morning coffee!) I'll be taking it to Danny's chemo appointments (he has his own :), trips, outings, etc. This rocks!
4. We celebrated my Dad's 67th birthday at Laura's house (67 on paper, 30 something in life). He knew about the party of course as he was doing a lot of the cooking as well. He LOVES to cook, BBQ, grill, bake, make his own BBQ sauce - you name it, he does it. He's an Arizonian Emerill - BAM! A surprise was in store for Dad. My Uncle Bob from California came down to surprise him. Dad was in the kitchen when Bob called his cell and talked to Dad like usual - then Bob walked in the house while still on the phone talking. Dad finally looked up (while still on the phone) to see Bob standing in front of him! BAM!
5. My supply shop is taking off faster than I expected and I am more than thrilled! With each sell I make, I feel so very blessed and am grateful for each and every one! My biggest seller, so far, are my Signature Elfin Earwires. In fact, I woke up this morning to a return customer's sell & convo that she is submitting an earring design to a magazine - using my earwires!
Blessings have been pouring over me these last few days - must be my good karma ripening.
I wish you all peace, love and much happiness.