Thursday, June 19, 2008

Color My World - Inspire My Life

So I was playing around the other day with my colorful little glass beads and thought of an idea. I know I know - I'm sure others have thought about it as well AND have done it without us even knowing it. But it came to my mind all the same so I ran with it.

Speaking of that, what hasn't been done a million times over in the art world? We are all inspired by life, nature, our surroundings, events, each other, magazines... actually everything is inspiration to us. Many, ideas in the art world have been repeated over and over again without us even realizing it. We come up with an idea, put our own spin on it, and make it truly our own.

Wow... sorry. I was just thinking about another thread I came across where people were bickering about who made what first, so and so was copying, was it the chicken or the egg, yada yada yada. I don't read those threads - just breeze over them. Please don't get me wrong, I know that there are some people that actually copy and cheat and that is terribly sad (karma), but some are truly mere coencidence. One day I was getting ready to post one of my new crystal anklets until I came across one EXACTLY like mine that had just posted!! I mean, almost to the T - colors and all! I sort of freaked and thought, wow - that's weird! I may or may not post it.

Back to topic... so when I was playing with my idea, I thought how fun it would be to make a pair of earwires that could be changed out with lots of little glass beads. Nothing too fancy or difficult mind you, just something fun and colorful. So I came up with my Color My World earring kit. Oh, and I'm getting ready to make another earwire for this little kit - something with a little more flavor I think.

Inspiration: arousal of the mind from sources of life, art, ideas and so forth; a product of your creative thinking at work.

Happy day and peace to all,
☼ Rocki

2 comments:

Grizzly Mountain Arts said...

That is genius, Rocki! *runs off to copy** LOL I love your ear wires! For some reason, me and wire just don't get along. All of my attempts at working with wire look like something a child would do :)

Rocki Adams said...

LOL! You are too funny! *runs off to post a thread about copy cat* ;)

You should have seen MY first attempts! I still have so much that I want to learn, but since I'm teaching myself it's taking a while.