Thursday, April 10, 2008

How To Tame A Dragon

Seem a little strange to you? A smiling dragon, sitting atop a river rock? Naw! He's harmless!

I came across Strange Child's unique creatures one day and kept going back to peak at them. It was as if I was being drawn to them by some unseen force. Since I read that they were easy to tame I just could not hold back any longer - I finally bought one today!

Jenn, the creator of Strange Child, lives in the top floor of an old farm house with her husband, their dog, and 2 bearded dragons. She has been creating her Bright Eyed Creatures for 3 years now. She creates her Sun Dragons, which are her favorites, Moon Dragons and Imps primarily with river rocks, glass marbles and polymer clay. Oh, what's an Imp?:

Imps are unpredictable little creatures with hornes that often live near Sun and Moon Dragons.

Jenn is helping out a friend of hers, Lady Greenfeet, who is working on setting up her own Etsy shop. So in the meantime, you can see her creations in Strange Child's Etsy shop.

The cutie below is on his way to me. This is a Sun Dragon and their favorite thing to do is to bask on a rock in a brightly lit spot. Hmmm, I think he'll feel right at home with me here in my Arizona Rocki's Rock 'n Beads studio!


You can find more of Strange Child's creatures in her Etsy shop, DeviantArt Gallery, Strange Child Production and Flickr.

I can hardly wait for my new arrival! Oh, I picked up some flame retardant clothing just in case the taming goes awry ;)

Happy day everyone!

☼ Rocki

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aren't those little guys cute! Flame retardant clothing is probably a good idea. I seem to remember Hagrid's baby dragon in Harry Potter, randomly 'coughed' out flames... you wouldn't want to get hurt!

Anonymous said...

I promise you, my apartment isn't even scorched!

This is so awesome. It should keep me smiling for days!

Hyla said...

Awesome post!

A Blond And A Torch said...

They are so cute! What a great post!

Anonymous said...

Oh these are just SO adorable! Thanks for the posting and letting us know about this creative seller.
Sharon

Rocki Adams said...

Thanks for reading this and checking out Strange Child's creations everyone! I'm sure she'll appreciate it!

You're so very welcome Jenn - keep smiling :)

☼ Rocki

John said...

That little green dragon is adorable !

Athena's Armoury said...

Not only are her dragons adorable, but Jenn's a real sweetie, too! Enjoy your new Sun Dragon friend.

Lisa Rippee said...

What a fun shop! Love your work. Thanks for sharing, Rocki!